Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Yup. I'm a Crab.

I'm not sure if it's the typical sugar/carb detox crabby....or a special kind of crabby that only girls are gifted with each month.  But either way, I'm on a bit of a war path.  You can go ahead and feel sorry for my family right about now. 

Just keepin' it real. 

OK, so today is one week in.  I'm down about 3ish pounds.  Blah.  I just feel like it's fundamentally unfair that the pounds come off SO SLOW (unless you're a boy....in which case all you have to do is think about not drinking a soda, and boom - you've lost 10 pounds.  See, I told ya.  Crabby.)  But I feel like it's only fair that as soon as I commit to eating differently/cleaner I should naturally wake up a size zero.  Curse you, universe!

On a serious note, let's talk meal planning!

Monday
Breakfast - same greeeeeeeen smoothie from last week
Lunch - nothing.  I was in back-to-back meetings all day and ran out of time for lunch (cue the violins)
Dinner - Lettuce Wraps (these are ah-mazing).  Coconut aminos (soy sauce sub) are wonderful beyond words.  I buy the biggest bottle possible and it still doesn't last very long.

Tuesday
Breakfast - chia/coconut yogurt (total sweet tooth curb-er)
Lunch - the last round of spag squash/whole30 meat and marinara sauce
Dinner - chicken/pepper nachos...I hollow out those cute, little mini peppers and fill them with shredded chicken (I do mine in a crock pot, a rotisserie chicken could also work great) and then bake at 375 for 35ish minutes.  Top with guac.  Mmmm....

Wednesday
Breakfast - 1 egg/2 strips bacon
Lunch - leftover lettuce wraps
Dinner - Cleaning out the fridge night

Thursday
Breakfast - smoothie
Lunch - leftover lettuce wraps
Dinner - Baked sweet potatoes with coconut oil/cinnamon, shredded chicken with BBQ sauce and coleslaw

Friday
Breakfast - 1 egg/2 strips bacon
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - Turkey meatballs (you must make these - to die for!) with another round of whole30 marinara with some steamed broccoli

Happy Tuesday!  Here's to a week with more pounds gone, less puffy bellies, good food, and hustling through the sugar detox process (and that other stuff too).

xo

2 comments:

  1. How do you manage this while working full time with 3 kids? I'm barely feeding my 2 kids, much less me and certainty not with healthy, well thought out food. Seriously, I'd be interested to hear how you manage your time with all that.

    Also, I've really enjoyed ready styleberry blog (weird name for a blog that has great info on kids, food, pseudo paleo-ish, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your #Whole30 is going well into Week 3! I used your tagged recipes for lettuce wraps and chia pudding last week... both amazing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete